COVID-19 Updates and Much-Needed Distractions Below!
The world may be standing still, but birds still need our help to thrive, and right now, we need them too.
Here are some ways you can stay socially distant while safely enjoying the outdoors this spring.
Pass the Time on a Trail
Greenwich Audubon Center: Trails Open Monday - Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. | Building remains closed
Bent of the River Audubon Center: Trails Open | Building remains closed
Stratford Point: Grounds Open Monday - Friday, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. | Building remains closed
Watch Live Birds, From Indoors
We recognize that some people may be unable, or nervous, to explore the outdoors right now. So we're bringing the birds to you!
Here are some live bird cameras you can enjoy from the comfort of your home:
- Audubon Live! cameras in Greenwich, Hammonasset Beach State Park, New Haven, and more: https://ct.audubon.org/audubon-live
BIRDS OF PREY
- Christine's Critters, a nonprofit rehab in Weston, is going live on Facebook every weekday at 11AM. Click to watch!
- Meet kestrels, hawks, and falcons in their first video here.
OUT ON THE TRAIL
- The Greenwich Audubon Center is exploring life under logs and in ponds along their trails. Check out their daily naturalist videos here.
Got a live bird camera you'd like to share? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Accept This Birdy Care Package
In desperate need of distraction? Look no further than this birdy care package, from Audubon to you! This free gift includes:
- Many, many photos of baby birds
- Funny bird videos
- Extremely important guides about birbs, floofs, and borbs
- Activities to do from home, with kids