What Will Your Legacy Be?
Have you considered making a bequest to support the causes that you have cared about throughout your lifetime? If you share Audubon's values and feel a personal responsibility for stewarding our natural world, please consider extending your support beyond your lifetime by including Audubon Connecticut in your plans with a legacy gift.
To ensure that your gift is dedicated to Audubon Connecticut, simply specify in your estate plans that your gift is intended for Audubon Audubon Connecticut, a state program of The National Audubon Society. Tax ID # 13-1624102
There are many ways to make a legacy gift, including:
- Making a gift through your IRA by designating Audubon Connecticut as a beneficiary. This strategy may have important tax benefits for your heirs and your estate. Please see our information sheet for guidance on beneficiary designation.
- Naming Audubon Connecticut as a beneficiary or partial beneficiary of a life insurance policy that has outlasted its original purpose.
- Naming Audubon Connecticut a successor beneficiary for your donor-advised fund or the recipient of a portion of the remaining account value.
- Setting up a charitable gift annuity agreement to provide lifetime income for yourself or members of your family and a gift to Audubon Connecticut. Please see our brochure for more information about this option.
- Naming Audubon Connecticut or one of its programs in your will.
Naming Audubon Connecticut in your will can be as simple as adding this language:
I bequeath (dollar amount or % of estate) to the National Audubon Society, Inc., a not-for-profit organization, with its principal offices located at 225 Varick Street, 7th Floor, New York, NY 10014. This gift should support Audubon programs in Connecticut (or, name a specific Audubon Connecticut center or program). Tax ID # 13-1624102.
Please let us know about your intentions by filling out our Legacy Confirmation Form, so that we may honor your wishes to the best of our ability and recognize your support through our Grinnell Legacy Society.
Contact us for additional information or for assistance in determining which type of gift may be right for you.
Jocelyn Anderson, Audubon Connecticut Development Manager - 212-979-3058 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Audubon Office of Gift Planning - 212-979-3033 or email@example.com
How you can help, right now
There are so many great ways you can get involved with Audubon Connecticut and make a difference for both the wildlife and the people who call Connecticut home.
Visit Our Centers
Connect with our nature centers in Greenwich, Sharon, and Southbury. Each unique center offers trails, educational resources, conservation opportunities, and more.
Through land stewardship, science, education, and advocacy, Audubon Connecticut works across the state to preserve habitat and protect bird species that are of state, national, and global concern.