COVID-19 has made it a challenging year for all of us, but our education staff has been busy developing innovative ways to continue to connect everyone with nature during this trying time—when we need it most. On-site, in-person Audubon summer camp may be canceled, but we're excited to provide a new Virtual Summer Camp option.
Join Audubon Connecticut for Week 4 — The Amazing World of Plants. Get a firsthand look into the mysterious and strange ways of the common (and not-so-common) plants and the animals who use them. Learn about pollinators and native host plants, find out how to make seed bombs, identify common invasive species, and get a glimpse into Monarch Butterfly tagging.
- Tuesday, August 11 at 10 - 11:30 a.m.
- Wednesday, August 12 at 10 - 11:30 a.m.
- Thursday, August 13 at 10 - 11:30 a.m.
- Last Day to Sign Up: Monday, August 10
- For ages Kindergarten through 6 Grade
- 5 weeks of online nature experiences, beginning July 21, 2020
- Three 90-minute sessions per week (from 10 - 11:30 a.m. on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday)
- Register by the week or for individual specific days
- $40 per week or $15 per session
- Mac, Windows PC, or a mobile device with a webcam, stable internet connection, and access to Zoom video conferencing (required)
Each 90-minute virtual camp session will include activities such as livestream segments and recorded segments with educational nature lessons, featured crafts, and some Wild Jobs highlights from field professionals. The sessions will be led live via Zoom by Audubon Connecticut Educators from our Sharon, Greenwich, and Bent of the River Audubon Centers. We will also provide links to additional educational videos and ideas for more activities and crafts for your child to enjoy at home, beyond the scheduled camp time.
For questions, please contact Kate Pratt at email@example.com or 203-405-9113.
**FRAUD ALERT** Someone has been impersonating and copying Audubon events on other Facebook pages. If you receive any direct messages to your Facebook account with ticket links, those are not from us. Please only register for camp by following our official registration links provided on our Audubon websites.