Audubon Connecticut is a state office of the National Audubon Society. Our mission is to protect birds and the places they need, today and tomorrow.
We envision a Connecticut with a rich and diverse natural heritage, where there is ample habitat for birds and other wildlife, where a majority of its people appreciate and participate in their natural environment, and whose children are educated and motivated to become the conservation leaders of tomorrow.
As an Audubon Connecticut member, you will receive:
- Free admission to all National Audubon Society centers nationwide
- Subscription to 6 issues of the award-winning Audubon magazine
- Email updates with the latest news, legislative updates, upcoming programs, special events, and more
- Discounts on nature programs and special events
- Discounts in Audubon Connecticut gift shops in Greenwich and Sharon
- ...a sense of accomplishment by knowing you are contributing to actions that help birds and other wildlife
Your membership will provide Audubon Connecticut with the resources it needs to accomplish its mission. Member support helps us to do the following, and much more:
- Protect and manage more than 4,600 acres of land throughout the state
- Increase the number of nesting shorebirds such as Piping Plover and Least Tern
- Provide environmental education for thousands of adults and children each year through programs, school visits, and camps
- Support our staff as they apply science to public policy at the local, state, and federal levels
- Operate three nature education centers in Greenwich, Sharon, and Southbury